A Silver Parachute!

Right when I was losing all hope in myself, when all my determination had been lost, a small silver parachute sank down onto my lap from nowhere. Startled, I sat up from the bed of my rock and pondered at what had just fallen onto my lap. Inside, there was a note tied to a small video camera saying “You may send a message to any one of your family members through this camera, enjoy.” Tears filled my eyes at the thought of how much I missed my Mother. She was all I had left in my family, after my father and brother both died of disease when it hit hard in District Four, ten years ago. I was only 6 at the time and had no idea what happened to my family. All I knew was that my Mother was all I had left. This message was going to be for her.   

2 Comments on A Silver Parachute!

1. brad4
    May 27, 2014 at 1:27 pm (10 years ago)

I thought this was a pretty good post there’s just a few things I would change Startled, I sat up from the bed of my rock and pondered at what had just fallen onto my lap. in this sentence I don’t think the word pondered was a good word choice I also would change the bed of my rock to something that flows better other then that one sentence I liked the post

Reply
  2. 4megan
    May 27, 2014 at 1:28 pm (10 years ago)

I enjoyed your Voki! I really understood why you sent the message to your mother. Your post could have used more emotion. Overall very good!

Reply